Toasted pecans always remind of childhood winters - the smell would fill the house when my mother made them for Christmas gatherings. When Sarah Peterson sent me this recipe and beautiful photo, I knew I'd be making it for holiday parties this year. Some of the grocery stores have begun making these pecans when we're there sampling our hot sauce, and it's been a big hit.
Sarah and I attended the same college, and we've remained in contact throughout the years. I was still surprised when her husband, also a long-time friend, ordered Hotmaple, and even more surprised to receive this wonderful recipe.
2 Tbsp Hotmaple Smokey Habanero
1/2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 lb of pecan halves
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 275F degrees
2. In a medium bowl, mix 2 Tbsp Hotmaple Smokey Habanero with 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
3. Add 1/2 lb of pecan halves and stir to coat evenly
4. Spread out onto baking sheet in one layer
5. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring and turning pecans every 10 minutes.
Note: Add 1/2 Tbsp more Hotmaple Smokey Habanero for extra spice
- Photo & recipe credit: Sarah Cloud Peterson