Hotmaple Garlic & Ginger Seared Scallops (Prosciutto wrapped):
- 2 Tbsp Hotmaple Smokey Habanero
- 6 Large Bay Scallops
- 4 Cloves of minced Garlic
- 2 tsp fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 strips of Prosciutto
- 1 Scallion (for decoration)
Turn on oven broiler to 450 degrees Fahrenheit & set top-most shelf to a distance of 8 inches.
1) Cut Prosciutto strips to scallop width
2) Wrap scallops in Prosciutto strips around Scallops and pin with toothpick
3) Grind the minced Garlic and Ginger into a fine mash
4) Melt butter in microwave, and combine with Hotmaple Smokey Habanero Sauce + mashed Garlic & Ginger.
5) Brush mixture onto exposed top & bottom of scallops
6) Arrange Scallops onto broiler pan, and place on top rack.
Cook scallops under broiler 6 minutes or until slightly browned / opaque - turning once during cooking.
Arrange on plate and garnish with Scallions & add additional Hotmaple Smokey Habanero on the plate for dipping.